National bureau of bulgarian motor insurers
The National Bureau of Bulgarian Motor Insurers – NBBMI:
• organizes, administers and controls the preparation, print out and issuance of the international cards for motor insurance referred to as Green Card certificate as well as frontier insurance.
• enters into agreements with national insurance bureaux, compensation bodies and guarantee funds of Member States in connection with the functioning of the Third Party Liability Insurance of Motorists.
• accepts notices of injured persons of damages and injuries caused to them in the territory of Republic of Bulgaria, by motor vehicles normally based on the territory of a Member State or a third country.
• assists for the due payment by the Members of the Bureau of any indemnities for damages caused abroad.
• pays indemnities as a Compensation body in the cases stipulated in the Insurance Code and in Art.45 of the Articles of Association of NBBMI.